Any questions concerning WTT travel and membership policies should be directed to: Women Traveling Together at 1-800-795-7135 (443-458-5634 outside the US) or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Membership (based on the date of membership) in Women Traveling Together entitles members to the "member tour price" and other benefits. In order to receive the member tour price and other benefits, including travel dollars, membership must be active through the end date of any trip the member has a space on. WTT will charge a membership renewal fee at the time of final invoicing in the event the member traveler’s membership expires before the trip end date.
A full refund of the membership amount paid will be given if WTT is notified in writing within 90 days of the membership date. No refund will be given after 90 days.
All tour participants will receive equal consideration, but women who choose not to join WTT will pay the non-member additional cost, will not receive travel dollars, and will not receive any benefits afforded a member.
The activity level on all WTT tours requires walking and other physical exertion. Our tours are not suitable for physically challenged or walking impaired individuals.
Women Traveling Together will guarantee a roommate for any traveler at her request. Travelers who choose to room alone will be required to pay the cost for a single room as stated in the itinerary.
Women Traveling Together requires a deposit to hold space on any tour. All payments are in U.S. dollars. The trip deposit amount is listed on each itinerary until such time as full payment is required to hold space.
On certain trips – as stated on the web site itinerary – Women Traveling Together requires a 2nd deposit at 180 days (6 months) before travel. The 2nd deposit date will be listed on the Deposit Confirmation Letter and a reminder email will be sent to the email address WTT has on file for the traveler.
- On the date the 2nd Deposit is due, the total of the two deposits (initial and 2nd) will become non-refundable and is forfeited. WTT will cancel any reservation and resell the space if the 2nd deposit is past due 5 business days.
- Any traveler signing up for a tour (that requires a 2nd deposit) after the 2nd deposit is due, but before the final payment due date, must pay the total of the two deposits. Any cancellation after the 14 day grace period, but before the final payment due date, will result in the forfeiture of the entire deposit.
Women Traveling Together accepts payment via MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, personal check and money order. Travelers can submit a space reservation with their payment via the Internet, fax, mail, or by phone.
If a trip is already full, WTT will accept requests on a standby-basis. Should space become available, the notified traveler has the choice to join the tour by paying in full by credit card or forfeiting the space. Should more than one woman on standby wish to take the available space, the first one who submits her payment in full will be awarded the space.
- Women Traveling Together will invoice the traveler for final payment approximately 120 days (4 months) before the trip departs. The exact payment due date is listed on the deposit confirmation receipt mailed to each traveler.
- In the unlikely event of a price increase for surcharges, taxes, fees or other costs related to this tour prior to final payment, WTT will notify the traveler of said increase. Traveler has the right to refuse the cost increase and cancel the trip prior to making final payment without penalty.
- To be considered paid, WTT must have the following: 1) full amount due, 2) travel arrangements, 3) completed confidential form and 4) passport information if an international trip.
- A traveler who has not paid their final payment two weeks after the final payment due date, or has failed to provide the required information, as listed above, will be notified via email and certified letter that she has been canceled from the trip, and her total amount paid to date forfeited.
Itineraries are subject to change. In the event there is an itinerary change, comparable lodging, meals and activities will be provided.
Travelers arriving by air are responsible for allowing sufficient time to deplane, gather luggage and travel to the designated meeting location to join the tour. WTT will not delay the departure of the group for travelers arriving after the designated tour start time as listed in the individual itineraries.
Travelers are responsible to provide WTT with their flight arrangements no later than the final payment due date of the tour. Travelers are also required to notify WTT in the event the airline should change the arrival or departure time of a flight.
Travelers who are delayed for whatever reason are responsible for notifying WTT of their situation and to communicate regularly with WTT as to their anticipated arrival time. Delayed travelers are responsible for joining the group as soon as possible and at their own expense.
Cancellation by the Traveler
All cancellations MUST be in writing. Email, fax or letter all qualify as acceptable methods of notification. The effective date of the cancellation, and any cancellation penalties, will be based on the date of receipt of the written cancellation.
- Within 14 days after WTT processes your space reservation, but before final payment due date…100% refund of your deposit.
- After 14 days of processing your space reservation, but before final payment due date…..Deposit “Parked”.
The traveler’s deposit will be automatically parked for a period of time not to exceed 18 months (545 days) from date of cancellation. The parked deposit can only be used as a deposit on a future trip. If the traveler does not select a new trip prior to 18 months (545 days), the deposit will be automatically forfeited.
To use parked funds: The traveler must contact WTT by phone (800-795-7135 or 443-458-5634 outside the US) or email (email@example.com) prior to 18 months (545 days) from the date the deposit was parked. WTT will assist you in placing your deposit on a new tour of your choice.
Note: Deposits from a trip you are cancelling can only be moved once. There is no 14 day grace period for the tour you are moving your deposit to. If the 2nd trip is cancelled the deposit is automatically forfeited.
- Tours requiring a 2nd Deposit (see Policy "2nd Deposit" above). From 2nd Deposit due date, but before final payment due date…..Total amount of the two deposits forfeited.
- From the Final Payment Due Date until 31 days before travel… 50% of the member tour cost (whether double or single occupancy) will be forfeited, including 50% of any optional pre- or post tour(s). Any optional payments, excluding pre- and post tours, will be refunded in full (i.e. early arrival, late departure, optional activities paid for through WTT, etc.).
Note: If you have paid in full at the time of your cancellation WTT will assess the cancellation penalty, and then attempt to fill your space up to 31 days before travel. If WTT can fill your space, WTT will refund the cancellation penalty amount less your deposit.
- 30 days or less before travel…100% of all monies paid will be forfeited.
Note: Any penalty imposed by the airline(s) is the complete responsibility of the traveler.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO OUR CANCELLATION POLICIES.
If you cannot afford to lose the money invested in your travel due to some unforeseen event,
WTT strongly recommends you consider travel insurance.
Cancellation of Tours by WTT
On rare occasions, Women Traveling Together must cancel a tour, either because there are not enough travelers to operate the tour, or for other events outside the control of WTT. Women Traveling Together will cancel tours due to lack of travelers prior to final invoicing however, Women Traveling Together reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time up to the day of departure, due to no fault of WTT.
In the event of a cancellation by Women Traveling Together, all monies paid to WTT for the canceled tour will be promptly refunded to the traveler. Women Traveling Together is not responsible for any penalties imposed by the airlines.
Cancellation insurance is strongly advised and recommended. Cancellation insurance applications are mailed with the initial trip confirmation package. Any questions about what travel insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company.
Please be aware that your medical insurance may not cover your "out of country" travel.
Travel has its own inherent risks, and the traveler acknowledges such risks exist, up to and including death. WTT will take all reasonable precautions to insure the health and safety of the traveler. The traveler agrees to hold WTT, its employees and agents harmless should illness, accident or death occur. WTT is not responsible for the actions, expenses or harm incurred by travelers who disregard the instructions of the WTT representative(s), travelers who depart from the planned activities of the tour, or travelers who follow the instructions of a non-WTT representative(s).
Involuntary/Voluntary Departure from a Tour in Progress
WTT reserves the right to remove any traveler from a tour should the WTT representative(s) determine that the traveler cannot meet the physical requirements of the tour as stated in the itinerary, or is disruptive to the tour time schedule or is adversely affecting the overall group dynamics. In the event a traveler is removed from a tour, WTT will not refund any monies. Transportation costs to return home, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
In the event that a traveler voluntarily chooses to leave a tour prior to its scheduled conclusion, WTT will not refund any monies for the unused portion of the tour arrangements. Transportation costs from tour departure point to the airport, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
Use of 3rd Party Operators
Some WTT trips, as noted in the itinerary, are scheduled with tour operators who sell their tours to the general public. The traveler acknowledges that other groups and/or individuals may be a part of the same tour.
Travel Dollar Program
WTT Members are eligible to earn travel dollars on trips at a rate of 3% of the total land double occupancy cost, less any discounts or other credits.**
Travel dollars are not awarded for the single supplement, early arrival, late departure, optional excursions, per- or post tours, etc.
10 travel dollar credits are earned each time a member renews her membership, and each time a member refers a friend who joins WTT.
- Travel dollar credits can be used on any trip for up to 25% of the land - double occupancy - portion cost of the trip.
- Travel dollar credits cannot be used to pay for membership renewals.
- Travel dollar credits cannot be used to pay a trip deposit; they will be applied against the final payment amount.
- The traveler must advise Women Traveling Together of their intention to use travel dollar credits. This can be done up until the final invoice is paid, or final payment due date, whichever occurs first. No travel dollars will be applied after the final invoice is paid.
- Travel dollar credits are awarded at the conclusion of a tour, and cannot be used until earned. **
- Should a traveler cancel a tour on or before the final payment due date, any travel dollar credits used will be returned to their account.
- Should a traveler cancel a tour after the final payment due date, any travel dollar credits used will be forfeited.
Travel Dollar Balance Information
- Members can view their travel dollar balance by logging in to the "My WTT Trips & info" section of the WTT website.
- Members can request a summary of their travel dollar credits earned and used by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Travel Dollar Summary
** Travel dollar credits will not be awarded on trips where travel dollar credits are used to pay for any portion of the trip.
Travel Dollars: Expiration, Forfeiture and Program Cancellation
- Travel dollars unused three (3) years after the date of travel completion will expire.
- Travel dollars awarded for membership renewals and referrals do not expire.
- Should membership be interrupted for any reason, all travel dollar credits accumulated at the time the membership is interrupted or expired will be forfeited.
- WTT reserves the right to cancel the travel dollar credit program with 12 months notice. Any unused travel dollar credits remaining as of the program’s termination date will be forfeited.
Use of Travelers’ Images in Promotional Materials
Photographs and video taken by Women Traveling Together tour leaders and other WTT representatives while on tour are the property of WTT and may be used in promotional materials. Any traveler who does not wish to have their photograph or video footage used in promotional material MUST advise WTT in writing no later than the tour’s final payment due date.