It is the traveler’s responsibility to read the following travel policies before signing up for any trip or remitting any payments. All monies are in US dollars. Women Traveling Together reserves the right to change their travel policies without notice.
Any questions concerning WTT travel and membership policies should be directed to: Women Traveling Together at 1-800-795-7135 (443-458-5634 outside the US) or via e-mail to: email@example.com.
- Annual Membership (based on the date of membership) in Women Traveling Together entitles members to 1) member tour price 2) log-in to My WTT, 3) travel dollars and other benefits.
- In order to receive the member tour price and other benefits, including travel dollars, membership must be active through the end date of any trip the member has a space on. WTT will charge a membership renewal fee at the time of final invoicing in the event the member traveler’s membership expires before the trip end date.
- A full refund of the membership amount paid will be given if WTT is notified in writing within 30 days of the membership date. No refund will be given after 30 days.
All tour participants will receive equal consideration, but women who choose not to join WTT will pay the non-member additional cost, will not receive travel dollars, and will not receive any benefits afforded a member.
Activity Level and General Fitness
The activity level on all WTT tours require walking and other physical exertion. On some tour days, between walking tours and personal exploration, you can expect to walk 2-3 miles over the course of a day. Travelers are required to manage their personal belongings without assistance. For these reasons, our tours are not suitable for anyone physically challenged, anyone who is walking impaired, or anyone who is a slow walker who cannot keep up with the pace of the group.
- Women Traveling Together will arrange a roommate for any traveler at her request.
- Travelers who choose to room alone will be required to pay the cost for a single room as stated in the itinerary.
- After Final Payment, no changes can be made to the room type (double or single occupancy).
- All shared rooms have 2 beds and are non-smoking rooms.
- Once on tour, a room-sharing traveler who wishes to make a change in her rooming situation is responsible to make her own arrangements, and to pay for a separate room if single accommodations are desired.
Trip Payment Schedule
- Payment Types Accepted: Women Traveling Together accepts payment via MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, personal check and money order. Travelers can submit a space reservation with their payment via the Internet, fax, mail, or by phone.
- At Time of Reservation: Women Traveling Together requires a deposit to hold space on any tour. All payments are in U.S. dollars. The trip deposit amount is listed on each itinerary until such time as full payment is required to hold space.
- 2nd Deposit: On certain trips - as stated on the web site itinerary - Women Traveling Together requires a 2nd deposit. The date the 2nd Deposit is due is listed on the itinerary under "Payment Dates and Cancellation Policies." This payment will NOT be invoiced.
- Past Due 2nd Deposit: A traveler who has not paid the 2nd Deposit 7 days (one week) after the 2nd Deposit due date will be notified via email that she has been cancelled from the tour and her initial deposit forfeited.
- Final Payment: The date the Final Payment is due is listed on the itinerary under "Payment Dates and Cancellation Policies." This payment will be invoiced via US mail approximately 21 days before the due date.
- Past Due Final Payment: A traveler who has not paid her final payment 7 days (one week) after the final payment due date will be notified via email and certified letter that she has been canceled from the trip, and her total amount paid to date forfeited.
Required Traveler Information
- Travel Arrangements: Arrival and departure flight details are required to be submitted to Women Traveling Together no later than the Final Payment due date. This information is required to arrange transfers and to know when travelers are expected.
- Past Due Travel Arrangements: If travel arrangements are not received by 90 days before travel, the traveler will be placed in the final arrival transfer group on the arrival day and the first departure transfer group of the departure day (when transfers are provided).
- Confidential Form: Information about medications, dietary, emergency contact, etc. is required to be submitted to Women Traveling Together no later than the Final Payment due date. This information is held in confidence and is only used in case of an emergency.
- Past Due Confidential Form: If the traveler's confidential information is not received by 30 days before travel, the traveler will not receive Final Travel Information until such time as the information is provided.
- Passport Form: Passport number, date of issue, expiration date, and all other pieces of data from the passport ID page are required to be submitted to Women Traveling Together no later than the Final Payment due date. This information is required on all International trips and is only shared when required by local authorities.
It is the traveler's responsibility to check that their passport is valid 6 months past the date the tour ends, and to get a new passport in a timely manner to provide the passport information to WTT by Final Payment due date.
- Past Due Passport Form: If the traveler's passport information is not received by 90 days before travel, the traveler will receive a "final request" email that removal from the tour will result if the passport information is not provided within 72 hours (3 days) of final request.
Arrival, Transfers and Delays
- Travelers arriving by air are responsible for allowing sufficient time to deplane, gather luggage and travel to the designated meeting location to join the tour. WTT will not delay the departure of the group for travelers arriving after the designated tour start time as listed in the individual itineraries.
- Travelers are required to provide WTT with their flight arrangements no later than the final payment due date of the tour. Travelers are also required to notify WTT in the event the airline should change the arrival or departure time of a flight.
- On tours where scheduled transfers are provided, travelers who elect to take alternate transportation to the hotel, for any reason, will not be reimbursed for the transfer expense incurred.
- Travelers who are delayed for whatever reason are responsible for notifying WTT of their situation and to communicate regularly with WTT as to their anticipated arrival time. Delayed travelers are responsible for joining the group as soon as possible and at their own expense if their arrival occurs after the last scheduled transfer.
Cancellation by the Traveler
All cancellations MUST be in writing. Email, fax or letter all qualify as acceptable methods of notification. The effective date of the cancellation, and any cancellation penalties, will be based on the date of receipt of the written cancellation. Any penalty imposed by your airline(s) is the complete responsibility of the traveler.
More than 180 days (6 months) before tour departure:
- Within 14 days after WTT processes your space reservation…100% refund of your deposit.
- After 14 days of processing your space reservation…..Deposit “Parked”.
The traveler’s deposit will be automatically parked for a period of time not to exceed 18 months (545 days) from date of cancellation. The parked deposit can only be used as a deposit on a future trip. If the traveler does not select a new trip prior to 18 months (545 days), the deposit will be automatically forfeited.
To use parked funds: The traveler must contact WTT by phone (800-795-7135 or 443-458-5634 outside the US) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to 18 months (545 days) from the date the deposit was parked. WTT will assist you in placing your deposit on a new tour of your choice.
Note: Deposits from a trip you are cancelling can only be moved once. There is no 14 day grace period for the tour you are moving your deposit to. If the 2nd trip is cancelled the deposit is automatically forfeited.
179 days before tour departure UNTIL Final Payment Due Date:
- Within 14 days after WTT processes your space reservation...100% refund of your deposit.
- After 14 days of processing your space reservation…. Deposit Forfeited.
- Tours requiring a 2nd Deposit.... Initial deposit forfeited; 2nd deposit refunded
From Final Payment Due Date UNTIL 31 days before travel:
50% of the tour cost (whether double or single occupancy) will be forfeited, including 50% of any optional pre- or post tour(s). Any optional payments, excluding pre- and post tours, will be refunded in full (i.e. early arrival, late departure, optional activities paid for through WTT, etc.).
30 days or less before travel:
100% of all monies paid will be forfeited.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO OUR CANCELLATION POLICIES.
If you cannot afford to lose the money invested in your travel due to some unforeseen event,
WTT strongly recommends you consider travel insurance.
Itineraries are subject to change. In the event there is an itinerary change, comparable lodging, meals and activities will be provided.
Cancellation of Tours by WTT
On rare occasions, Women Traveling Together must cancel a tour, either because there are not enough travelers to operate the tour, or for other events outside the control of WTT. Women Traveling Together will cancel tours due to lack of travelers prior to final invoicing however, Women Traveling Together reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time up to the day of departure, due to no fault of WTT.
In the event of a cancellation by Women Traveling Together, all monies paid to WTT for the canceled tour will be promptly refunded to the traveler. Women Traveling Together is not responsible for any penalties imposed by the airlines.
Cancellation insurance is strongly advised and recommended. Cancellation insurance applications are mailed with the initial trip confirmation package. Any questions about what travel insurance does or does not cover should be addressed directly to the travel insurance company.
Please be aware that your medical insurance may not cover your "out of country" travel.
Travel has its own inherent risks, and the traveler acknowledges such risks exist, up to and including death. WTT will take all reasonable precautions to insure the health and safety of the traveler. The traveler agrees to hold WTT, its employees and agents harmless should illness, accident or death occur. WTT is not responsible for the actions, expenses or harm incurred by travelers who disregard the instructions of the WTT representative(s), travelers who depart from the planned activities of the tour, or travelers who follow the instructions of a non-WTT representative(s).
Involuntary/Voluntary Departure from a Tour in Progress
WTT reserves the right to remove any traveler from a tour should the WTT representative(s) determine that the traveler cannot meet the physical requirements of the tour as stated in the itinerary, or is disruptive to the tour time schedule or is adversely affecting the overall group dynamics. In the event a traveler is removed from a tour, WTT will not refund any monies. Transportation costs to return home, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
In the event that a traveler voluntarily chooses to leave a tour prior to its scheduled conclusion, WTT will not refund any monies for the unused portion of the tour arrangements. Transportation costs from tour departure point to the airport, airline penalties, and any other expenses will be the responsibility of the traveler.
Use of 3rd Party Operators
Some WTT trips, as noted in the itinerary, are scheduled with tour operators who sell their tours to the general public. The traveler acknowledges that other groups and/or individuals may be a part of the same tour.
Travel Dollar Program
WTT Members are eligible to earn travel dollars on trips at a rate of 3% of the total land double occupancy cost, less any discounts or other credits.**
Travel dollars are not awarded for the single supplement, early arrival, late departure, optional excursions, per- or post tours, etc.
10 travel dollar credits are earned each time a member renews her membership, and each time a member refers a friend who joins WTT.
** Travel dollar credits will not be awarded on trips where travel dollar credits are used to pay for any portion of the trip.
- Travel dollar credits can be used on any trip for up to 25% of the land - double occupancy - portion cost of the trip.
- Travel dollar credits cannot be used to pay for membership renewals.
- Travel dollar credits cannot be used to pay a trip deposit; they will be applied against the final payment amount.
- The traveler must advise Women Traveling Together of their intention to use travel dollar credits. This can be done up until the final invoice is paid, or final payment due date, whichever occurs first. No travel dollars will be applied after the final invoice is paid.
- Travel dollar credits are awarded at the conclusion of a tour, and cannot be used until earned. **
- Should a traveler cancel a tour on or before the final payment due date, any travel dollar credits used will be returned to their account.
- Should a traveler cancel a tour after the final payment due date, any travel dollar credits used will be forfeited.
Travel Dollar Balance Information
- Members can view their travel dollar balance by logging in to the "My WTT Trips & info" section of the WTT website.
- Members can request a summary of their travel dollar credits earned and used by emailing: email@example.com Subject: Travel Dollar Summary
Travel Dollars: Expiration, Forfeiture and Program Cancellation
- Travel dollars unused three (3) years after the date of travel completion will expire.
- Travel Dollars: Expiration, Forfeiture and Program Cancellation
- Travel dollars awarded for membership renewals and referrals do not expire.
- Should membership be interrupted for any reason, all travel dollar credits accumulated at the time the membership is interrupted or expired will be forfeited.
- WTT reserves the right to cancel the travel dollar credit program with 12 months notice. Any unused travel dollar credits remaining as of the program’s termination date will be forfeited.
Use of Travelers’ Images in Promotional Materials
Photographs and video taken by Women Traveling Together tour leaders and other WTT representatives while on tour are the property of WTT and may be used in promotional materials. Any traveler who does not wish to have their photograph or video footage used in promotional material MUST advise WTT in writing no later than the tour’s final payment due date.